Monday, April 29, 2013

Cheatin' on 7-Eleven with The Pearl Cup

Ya'll, about 15 seconds ago, I got my daily email from the Dallas Business Journal, and 1 of the headlines Made. My. Day.


Oh. My. Goodness,  I am so excited about this!  I work in 1 Arts Plaza, right across from the AT&T Performing Arts Center!  Do you know how easy it will be for me to pop in there?!

Dallas-based Pearl Cup Coffee has set up a shop in the AT&T Performing Arts Center.

Let me clarify about cheating on 7-Eleven.  Here at 7-Eleven Headquarters, we have a strict "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" policy on outside coffee.  So, that means absolutely NO Starbucks or outside coffee.  Like, seriously, if you walk into the building with Starbucks, people instantly start staring and pointing.  While I do love our coffee (and the fact that we have a 7-Eleven convenience store right downstairs), I can't tell you how many times I've just wished for a coffee shop where I could run into at lunch and enjoy a Chia Tea Latte and people watch.  I've wished so many times that the Pearl Cup further in Downtown Dallas was within walking distance because they serve my favorite Chia Tea Latte. 

Technically, I'm not cheating on 7-Eleven because we don't offer Chia Tea Lattes.  So there, I already feel better about my future visits to Pearl Cup!

Dear Pearl Cup, thank you for being awesome and opening up in the Arts District.  I'll be seeing you soon!

1 comment:

  1. there's one down my street on custer! haven't been yet, but i think i might start cheating on starbucks...

    ReplyDelete