Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Makeover: The Kitchen Remodel

Sorry I've been MIA.  But, this is what happened at our house last week:


Yep, we demo'd our kitchen.  Down. To. The. Studs!  It was really hard work and took a few days--since we'd work on it after work.  The highlight of the demo came when we knocked into the furdowns (space above the cabinets).  We'd been warned that there could be wiring and air ducts up there, but lucky for us, it was just EMPTY SPACE!  Picture me jumping up while fist pumping. 

And, even bigger news- our contractor showed up Monday and started working on our remodel!  My uncle remodels houses, so he's doing our kitchen. So far, he's re-wired and put the sheetrock back up, so things are really moving along.  I've taken pictures, and as soon as I can find my home computer (burried under all the items we moved out of the kitchen) I'll post them!  But, for now, I'll just leave you with the teaser pic above....try not to stare at my husbands hot, awesome butt windpants (cicra the 1990s) for too long!

2 comments:

  1. You sure are lucky to have Paul around to be your handyman-on-demand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Paul is bitching the entire time during this. I really want to sit at the table with a beer and watch him and Diege do this

    ReplyDelete