Friday, July 22, 2011

Hutch Makeover

During our engagement, His parents threw us a "Stock the Bar" shower.  It was a huge party and his parent's Southern-style home in Houston (complete with wrap-around patio and balcony) and everyone brought us alcohol.  We have a TON.  Before we bought this house, we lived in a 1,050 sq. ft condo and stored said alcohol behind our TV.  Since we've moved, we've had it stored in the kitchen on a counter and my husband decided it was HIGH time we got a bar. 

So the search on Craig's List began! 

After diligently searching, He came home with this hutch that was just begging for a makeover!  We figured it'd be a great way to store our liquor.

Forgive my IPhone Picture--he sent me this via text message

We wasted no time taking it apart and breaking out the sander.  (Well, He was a better sander than I was.  I was on "pick out paint color" duty during this time.)


What a handsome man


I know, we all hate sanding, but I've learned that it's the MOST important step in repainting furniture.  Sand it down now and avoid having to re-paint it later!

It was a lot of sanding--not for the faint of heart!

So, as we are now done with this project, I'll keep you in suspense until I take pictures of the finished liquor cabinet  so you'll come back tomorrow for the finished project.  The results amazed both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment