Tuesday, July 26, 2011

To Whom Much is Given, Much is Expected

So, it's NO secret that I love to donate money to good causes---especially when it comes to college scholarships!  You see, I went to college (Texas A&M- WHOOP) on a full scholarship!  While I did have to work during my summer and winter breaks to pay for living expenses, I received a BBA in Finance for F-R-E-E!  Had it not been for some very generous contributors (and alumni), I would be in debt...but I'm not--and nothing is more freeing that that!  

I know that there are several deserving high school kids out there who are struggling to break free from poverty and who are working hard to get into college.  I hate that some kids think they can't go to college because they can't afford it.  That, my friends, is why I donate!  

My husband and I volunteer with the East Dallas Boys & Girls Club.  We help students with their homework, help them prepare for their SATs, and educate them in general about all of the vast resources they have for receiving funds to go to college.  

EVERY CHILD SHOULD HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO RECEIVE A COLLEGE EDUCATION, NO MATTER WHAT THEIR LIFE CIRCUMSTANCES THROW AT THEM! 

That being said, there is a great organization here in Dallas, Texas Youth Scholarship Organization (TYSO), (that also works with the Boys & Girls Club) who has made its mission to raise funds so kids can get higher education.  They have organized a pub crawl (September 10th, mark your calendars), with all money raised going directly to scholarships for kids! 

Join the DFW Back to School Bar Tour for a night of totally 80's bar hopping! Five school buses will tour some of Dallas' coolest watering holes before reaching the official after-party.  This year's theme is Back to School: Return to Ridgmemont High, so grab your best 80's gear and get ready to party like it's 1989!

For more information, click here!

I'm going, are you?  Let me know if you are interested---we can get on the same bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment