Monday, November 14, 2011

Birthday Celebration

So, a few weeks ago, we celebrated my mom's 50th birthday!  I'd say it was quite a success! 

First, we ran a 5k at my elementary school.  Here we are waiting to receive our medals!  The hubs won 2nd place and I won 3rd place!


Then, all the siblings and I raced home to start preparing for brunch.  We had 50 helium balloons (one for each year of Mom's life) floating around the table!  I also made huge pink pompoms and hung them over the buffet!  My mom LOVED the decor when she walked in!
     

I also made little pompoms to act as napkin rings.  It was a painful process making all of them, but they looked great!




Speaking of painful processes--apparently I couldn't stop tourchouring!  I made these 2 poster boards with pictures of my mom over the years in the shape of her age- 50!  In order to get all of those pictures, I had to sneak over to my mom's house and practically steal all of the family photo albums.  Then, after sorting through the thousands of pictures and picking out the best ones, I went to Kinkos on my lunch break to copy them and then cut them to size.  I'm actually really glad I took the time to do this--my mom loved these boards more than anything.
 

Of couse, after brunch, we had cupcakes from the Cupcakery! 


Then, we watched as Mom opened our presents.  Paul and I got her the black Frye riding boots she'd been wanting for ever!  Best. Gift. Ever!



Later that evening, we'd made dinner reservations at Mom's favorite restaurant, Hatties!  Originally, I told her we couldn't get in--they were full.  So, she was soooooooooooo excited when we pulled up!  We all splurged and got martinis with the appetizers.  (My favorite martini at Hatties is the Sweet Iced Tea one.) 





Then, to close the evening, we went to the Belmont and enjoyed the fantastic view of downtown Dallas.  It was a long day, but it was sooooooo worth it. 


I'm glad 50 only comes around once!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, honey. The day was wonderful & I felt completely celebrated! I'm excited to be 50!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the nice pixs. Looking at Belinda I would have to say that she represents 50 as the new 30! Gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what makes life worth living! Loving and being loved! What a precious family to do this for you, Belinda! I am sure you deserve every bit of it! :)

    ReplyDelete