Thursday, December 29, 2011

Subscribe by Email

Blog Update:

Have you ever tried to "Follow" my blog by email?  Like, in the area on my blog page that says "Follow by Email"?  And after you typed in your email address, did you NEVER receive an email?

Well, I was just playing around with my site and realized an error with that feature!  If you ever put your email address in there, it was signing you up for another blog that I never post too. 

So, I just fixed it!  If you want to follow my blog by email, go ahead, enter your email address.  I promise it will work this time!

And, I promise to bring more posts on my Italy Trip.  I am just holding off until the New Year!

I hope you all have an amazing New Year!  Don't forget to eat your black eye peas!

Speaking of black eyed peas, every year, I make Black Eyed Pea Salsa.  It's the perfect dish to snack on while you try to cure your hangover.  You can make it a day in advance, so all you have to do on New Year's day is warm it up in the microwave!  I've included the recipe below, so try it out and let me what you think!



Black Eyed Pea Salsa

Ingredients:
·      1 cup rice
·      2 cans black eyed peas (drained)
·      1 can rotel tomatoes
·      1 tsp cumin
·      Cilantro
·      Lime juice

A word to the wise, I've tried making this recipe with spicy rotel, and it was not good......I love love love spicy food, but save yourself the trouble and go with regular rotel!

Directions:
1.      Cook rice according to instructions.  (I use my rice cooker!)
2.      Combine black eyed peas, rotel and cumin with rice in a saucepan and heat throughout.
3.      Add cilantro and lime juice.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment