Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Shopping for an Easter Outfit

It was always tradition growing up that every year, my mom would take my sister and me shopping to get a new outfit to wear to church on Easter Sunday.  It was probably one of my favorite weekends of the year..that and back-to-school shopping!  Well, even though my mom is no longer footing the bill for said shopping trip, I still make a point to get a new Easter outfit every year.  It's kind of like I'm saying to myself "Hello, Spring is here--time to add some color back into your wardrobe." 

My Husband has yet to understand the need for this kind of shopping spree (you know, you get a new outfit, new shoes, new accessories to go with the outfit...) but I am slowly trying to convert him.  Each year, I try to get him to get at least a new shirt, but most of the time, he says he "doesn't need a new Easter outfit."  His. Loss.

So, I know Easter is still a month away, but with all the new Spring clothes making their way into stores, I can't help but want to start shopping for my Easter outfit!  I recently went into BCBG (Honey, it was an accident, I promise...I got lost and blacked out and next thing, I was at the mall....in the dressing room at BCBG)   and oh my, do they have an AMAZING Spring collection.  Like, I was beside myself...kid in a candy store style. 

To be completely honest, most years, I end up getting my Easter outfit from BCBG because they always have the best Spring stuff!  It's weird because the rest of the year, I don't even step foot in the store. 

So, I've put together a few potential Easter Outfits in hopes that you will give me some feedback because I simply can't decide which one to go with.....and there's only 1 Easter Sunday a year....so I only get to get 1 outfit.

1.  Emma Button-Down Silk Chiffon Blouse;
Scarlett Color Blocked Pencil Skirt 
2. Liberty Mixed-Fabric Blouse; Toni Pleated Skirt
3. Liberty Mixed-Fabric Blouse; Edna Sequined Pleated Skirt







1. Abree Relaxed Jacket
2. Ozzy Layer Jacket
3. Fabian Faux-Suede Vest
1. Lucea Color-Blocked Dress
2. Colette Color-Blocked Dress
3. Jacqueline Mixed-Laced Sheath Dress
4. Aidas Silk Color-Blocked Shift Dress



1. Foster Wood Platform Pump
2. Harlow Matte Sequined Envelope Clutch
3. Two-Toned Scarf
4. Bangles
5. Destin Espadrille Wedge Sandal
6. Izzy Oversized Sunglasses
7. Lespring Shoulder Bag





























    So, which outfit should I go with? Dress or Shirt + Blouse?  Should I add a jacket?  I already know I'm in love with the Destin Espadrille Wedge Sandals.

      Did you grow up with a cool tradition like getting a special outfit?  Do you still practice that tradition?  What's your Easter Outfit inspiration?  DO TELL!

      5 comments:

      1. i love all of the dresses! if you already have your heart set on the Destin Espadrille Wedge Sandals, i say you go for bright and colorful- like dress number 4. great choices!!! hard to choose...

        Miyan

        ReplyDelete
      2. Thanks Miyan, I like dress #4. It's very "forgiving". Currently, my favorite outfit is #2 of the skirt/blouse combo.

        Kristi, isn't dress #2 amazing? The lines and structure would instantly give make anyone look 2 sizes smaller!

        ReplyDelete
      3. This is fun haha! I'm a sucker for pink, especially for Easter, so I like blouse & skirt combo #1...but #2 would be my second choice!! Got some good taste lady!

        ReplyDelete
      4. Thanks Jen! BCBG made it easy on me this year with their great line! Hope you and your sweet family are all doing wonderful!

        ReplyDelete