Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Work Of Art

While on our family vacation in Italy, I was busy doing major Window Shopping in Florence.  That place is a fashion mecca and I've always loved that the Italians are so fashion forward.  One night in particular, I walked past Miu Miu and was aw struck.  They had the most beautiful window display.  I turned to my father in law and said "You love spending hours in Museums broswing old pieces of art;  I don't need to go to museums for that.  The clothes displayed right here are what I call pieces of art."  He turned and said "You're right Amelia, these intricately made pieces are art--just a different type of art."  Then, he took my picture next to the display. 

I wish I had that picture to share with you....F, if you're reading this (while you are hunting with your dudes right now) can you send me that picture?

It's not every day that I find pieces of clothese that I consider "Art" , but when I do, I simply must share my joy with you.  I get emails from Barneys New York (a girl can dream, can't she?) and this morning's email wowed me. 

Look at this Givenchy Canvas Peplum Jacket


AMAZING!  This truly is a piece of art!  And, like any fine piece of art, you must pay up.  With a small price tag of $4,145, I will simply enjoy admiring it from afar. 

Designers from Givenchy, if you'd like to let me, I'd proudly wear this jacket around Dallas for you.  Think of it as free advertising.......

No comments:

Post a Comment