Thursday, April 5, 2012

Just Add Candles: Sugar Party

I just have to tell y'all about my good friend Whitney.  I lived with her in college, and I remember mornings when I'd get up and she'd already have a fresh batch of muffins coming out of the oven.  She loves baking--I'm pretty sure it's in her blood.  She works for a non-profit here in Dallas and has recently started her own business on the side, Just Add Candles, making cakes / cupcakes / desserts for friends. 


A table full of Whitney's creations!

A few nights ago, Whitney had a "Sugar Party" to showcase her work and have some girl time, and let me tell you, I was amazed!  She's so talented and went the full nine yards to host all of us girls.  She even had servers (in tuxes) to keep our champagne glasses full!  


Mr. Just Add Candles was a great sport and wonderful host


Martini Shortbread Cookies- YUM!


My favorite, Mint Julep Cupcakes

While we sipped on Pink Champagne and indulged in the wonderful desserts Whit created, we also browsed jewelry from Stella & Dot.  I think we all had a fun time accessorizing our outfits with all of the great necklaces and rings!



If you are looking for a great place to get sweets and treats for your next event, I highly encourage to you contact Whitney via her blogspot page!  I can vouch for her and the delicious, beautiful desserts she whips up.  Girl's. Got it. Goin'. On!


Plus, those mint julep cupcakes have left me craving for more.  Oh, and look, I have a birthday next week...Oh Honey, hint hint....

No comments:

Post a Comment