Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's not Easy being Cheesy...

Now that the weather has cooled here, I am craving some of my favorite fall foods.  1 thing that I love dearly is a yummy grilled cheese sandwich.  Like, I really really love them.  I remember the day I learned how to make grilled cheese sandwiches for myself.  (I was probably only 7 at the time, maybe younger.)  In college, I would eat 2 grilled cheese sandwiches 6 out of 7 days a week for lunch.  For REAL--ask my roommates.  (They would also tell you that I love to make cornbread..which I made probably twice a week.)

Anyway, ever since I had to give up gluten because of my horrible migraines, (oh, and I had to give up cheese too) I have not had a grilled cheese.  I actually get really sad just thinking about having to give up one of the greatest loves of my life. 

So, here I am, minding my own business, when all of sudden, on of my favorite bloggers, Hip Hostess, puts up a whole post on a delicious "Apple and Brie Melt" recipe she found here



Yeah, I wasn't fulled by the "Melt" part either---I know what that really is, a FREAKIN AWESOME GRILLED CHEESE!  Well, all I can say is that now I can't stop thinking about it!  Maybe I'll make it for my husband--at least one of us should get to enjoy it!

Interested in eating this?  I've kindly given you the recipe below.  If you do make it, let me know just how YUMMY it was. 

Apple and Brie Melts--or "FREAKING AMAZING GRILLED CHEESE"

4 slices of Italian bread, about 1/2" thick
1 large apple, thinly sliced
4 oz brie, thinly sliced
2 T apple butter
1 T butter

Spread apple butter on one side of bread slices.  Layer brie and apple slices on one side and top with remaining slice of bread.  Heat griddle over medium heat and melt half of the butter on the pan.  Add sandwiches and spread remaining butter on tops of bread.  Let cook about three minutes and then flip.  Cook an additional two to three minutes until cheese is melted and bread is toasted as desired.  Cut and serve.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this one myself! The apple butter sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg, your comments make me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete