Thursday, October 6, 2011

Loss of a Great Man

Tonight, I received a text from my husband: "Steve Jobs died".

In reflecting on him, I came across his commencement speech to the 20005 graduating class of Stanford University.  One quote stood out.

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.  Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.  Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.  And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.  They somehow already know what you truly want to become.  Everything else is secondary.”





I believe that Steve Job lived out this quote perfectly:

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me.”  -Erma Bombeck


Rest in Peace, Mr. Jobs. Thank you for all your innovations.  Thank you for making your ideas reality.  Thank you for changing the world as we know it, forever.


This post brought to you by my IPad.  I posted it to Facebook via my IPhone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment