Monday, September 19, 2011

Event Consignment, LLC

Sweet Friends, I've been keeping a little something from you.  It's near and very dear to my heart and I was afraid to share it with you until I had all my ducks in a row, but I simply cannot keep it hidden any longer. 

I recently started my own company, Event Consignment, LLC, which is an online consignment shop for event decor!  I started the company because I saw a huge void in the market after I got married.  I'd bought all of this great decor stuff (candles, votives, backdrop fabric) that was used for 5 hours and then went under my bed at my mom's house.  I passed the votives around to several friends for their weddings, and then realized I needed to GET RID OF THEM.  But how?  There really was no great way, so I thought "why not create an online shop where other girls can buy my gently used votives for below retail costs?" 

As my idea evolved, I realized there were several girls like me---needing to get rid of their event decor.  With a current trend of hand-made weddings, several girls I knew had tons of vintage milk glass and china and TONS of mason jars that they wanted to get out of their new homes.  (Plus, making some money on that decor isn't so bad either for these newlyweds!)  I also found that it is very hard to collect mason jars and milk glass in mass quantities, and so many girls were looking for an online shop like mine---where they could get something in mass quantities with ease. 

Source: None via Amelia on Pinterest


I named the company Event Consignment because I didn't want to limit the decor to just "weddings".  People throw baby showers and bridal showers and luncheons every day and need these decor items.  I want to be a shop that offers a buying and selling solution to all. 



So, I took a leap and with my husband and family's support, started the company.  For the past month, I have been working with a graphic designer to get my logo just right, and we are almost there!  I've also been working with a social media and website design firm to get my ecommerce site up and running.  We've still got a lot of work to do, but I hope to have my facebook page up within the month!  I'm a little slow on the get-up because I am still working full time as well.  I hope that within a few years, the company will bring in enough income for me to stay home and have a baby.  (Fingers crossed I can grow my business!)

So, in the coming weeks and months, I'll be talking more and more about my new venture, Event Consignment.  I'm excited to share my "baby" with you.

**If you are interested in consigning your event decor, please let me know.  I am in the process of building up inventory so I can have a good catalog of product once the website goes live!  If you live in Dallas, I am happy to come check out your stuff personally!  **

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as this process evolves--and don't be afraid to tell your friends about my company as well! 

3 comments:

  1. what a fabulous idea amelia! you are one smart cookie. this is a much needed business endeavor. and i wish you the best =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I didn't think I had what it takes to "start" a company, but all the encouragement I've received has really helped keep me motivated and excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you, girl! brilliant idea & sounds like it will be a huge success. can't wait for it to take off and for you to share this journey with us.

    Miyan

    www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete