Sunday, September 11, 2011

Proud to be an American

I remember it just like it was yesterday.  I was getting ready for school (sophmore) and my mom had the tv on.  She never allowed anyone to turn the tv on in the morning, but this morning was different.  I walked in and saw on tv a cloud of smoke over a building in New York.  My mom was crying.  I didn't realize at the time what was really going on. 

Fast forward to me at school and all the teachers had their tvs turned on.  A second plane hit the 2nd tower.  My mom later told me that she called the school to tell them she was coming to pick us up.  The principal assured her everything was okay and that we'd be safe at school. 

What a tragic sad day.  There are events in life that stand out--forever painted in my mind (i.e. the day my husband proposed to me, my wedding day, and of course, the day terrorists invaded our world and killed thousands and thousands of people.)

On the 10th anniversary of 9/11, I will reflect on all those who lost their lives.  I will reflect on those families left behind.  More importantly, I will reflect on the fact that those terrorists DID NOT take MY FREEDOM AWAY.



Taken at the Texas A&M red, white, and blue out.  So proud to have gone to such a patriot school.

No comments:

Post a Comment