Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wrapped up in Ovens

In starting to think about our kitchen redo, I've already hit a road block......what kind of oven do I want. 

No, no, not JUST what brand, but what type.  Wall mounted or one that sits on the floor?  I know for sure the range needs to be gas.  Our house currently has a gas range and it's amazing.  We'll never go back to an electric range.  But, back to the TYPE...

If we go with wall mounted, do I want a double oven or a single? Or, do I want an oven / microwave combo?  And if we go with a wall mounted oven, we must then find a gas range as well.  Or, should we just go with an oven that sits on the floor that has a range on top?!

Only after I decide this will we be able to move on to the types of ovens!  I've talked to several people, which means I've received a lot of "advice".  One couple told me to do a Kitchen Aid wall oven and a nice range--like a Viking or Wolf.  This couple told me that in their experience, Kitchen Aid wall ovens heat up quickly and cook food well.  They said that Vikings / Wolfs take a LONG time to heat up--like over an hour!  I can actually say that I've experienced this waiting period.  (But that was during a Viking cooking class that can be a WHOLE nother blog.)

If we go with an oven that sits on the floor, which brand?  I want a COOL range (that makes me look like an offical chef) but also an oven that heats up quickly. 

Ugh, sigh. 

Anyway, here are pictures to prove that this decision just isn't as easy as you'd think!  The wall ovens look great; the floor ovens look great.

 Floor Ovens





Wall Ovens





Or should I just do BOTH?




Oh the agony.......

No comments:

Post a Comment