Thursday, September 8, 2011

(garlic) Buns in the Oven

Remember my Oven post from yesterday?  Well, my friend (and former boss...from way back in high school) left me some comments that I wanted to share with you all. 

Peter owns an Italian Restaurant here in Dallas, Alfonso's, that I worked at growing up.  I love all of their chicken dishes (especially the chicken franceses) and my husband and I frequently go there for the pizza.  Delicious!  And, their garlic rolls are to DIE for.  Sometimes, I go in and sit at the bar and eat a salad (with their amazing house dressing) and have a glass of wine and chat with the wait staff.  It's in my neighborhood, so I always see someone I know in there eating.  If you are in Dallas, I encourage you to visit Alfonso's.  (We even had our rehersal dinner there!)

Anyway, here is what Peter had to say about my oven search:

"A few hints: you want a double convection oven 30" wide. Kitchen aid??? not sure about that but you need a convection oven to evenly circulate the heat.

You already know about gas ranges. 6 burners if you have the space...Check the BTU; you want ALL burners to be 15000, not just one. I like Wolf -- that's what we use at the restaurant.  At home I use something else."



Wolf 48" Range

Thanks Peter for these helpful tips!  I hadn't even thought about making sure the oven was a convection oven.  And I will certainly search for a range with all burners at 15000 BTU.  I like Wolf ranges as well. 




So, now that I've given a plug for Alfonsos, do you think I can get a free 16" pizza?  (Half pepperoni & black olive, half canadian bacon & pinapple.)  I'll pick it up on my way home.  :) 

Or better yet, maybe you know of a great place that sells ovens & ranges and will extend me a "friends and family" discount.  We'll chat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment