Thursday, September 1, 2011

Italia, Here I Come.....in Style

So, now that I've shared with you where I'll be going on our Family Vacation here, here, here, here and here, I need to start thinking about my wardrobe!  Obviously, I can't go to Italia looking frumpy and I most certainly can't wear tennis shoes while getting lost in the cities!  (Sneakers SCREAM American Tourist.)  I need to blend in as best as possible....and stand out all at the same time!  Let's face it, I've got some tough competition over there, so I've turned to Pinterest to help me find looks for the trip!



I already have 75% of the items needed to pull off this outfit!  I plan on taking my black riding boots because they will keep me warm and are super comfortable.  And, I recently bought this great Theory Blazer which I can pair with skinny jeans or leggings to easily take me from day to night! 

(Confession, I originally bought it at Neiman Marcus for full price, and as soon as I got back to my desk, I searched for it online to see if I could get it cheaper.  Amazingly, Nordstrom had it 40% off!  Being the loyal Nordstrom shopper that I am, I ordered it from them and am taking back the one I originally bought from Neimans.)  



Of course, I must have something Leopard print to wear while in Italia!  I know it will be much too chilly to wear this great dress with these amazing loafers, but a girl can dream right?!!




Once again, I could totally pull this look off with my riding boots and leggings or stockings.  Now....all I need is that dress!  This look could take me from shopping wandering the streets of Firenze (Florence) to a wonderful al fresco dinner on the Square!  Yes, I must do this outfit!


Source: None via Amelia on Pinterest


And I definitely need to rock this on the plane ride over to Italia!  Comfy and chic all at the same time!  And, I ALWAYS recommend flying with a scarf!  You can use it as a makeshift blanket if you get cold!




Finally, this outfit is amazingly simple!  Boots?  Check!  Leggings?  Check!  Tortoise Shell Watch?  Check.  Denim shirt----hello shopping trip to J Crew!

Overall, I think I can keep my packing light if I stick to outfits that require my riding boots and leggings!  I can re-wear the my new blazer and just change it up by belting it or adding a scarf!

What do you think??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment