Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tack så mycket

Did I ever tell you I lived in Sweden?  I studied abroad during college and decided that I wanted to go to Sweden because it's one of the safest countries on earth and because I knew I'd fit in with the rest of the blonde hair / blue eyed people.  I also wanted to one day be able to tell my kids about my adventures abroad. 

I lived there during the coldest, darkest part of the year -- January through June.  You see, because Sweden is so far north, it gets only a few hours of sunlight every day during the Winter.  It was very cold and a shock to this Texas girl!  During the summers though, Sweden gets almost 24 hours of sunlight a day!  It's incredibly beautiful. 

I found this blog today, My Scandinavian Retreat, and I am really wanting to go back...during the summer of course.  What about next summer Honey?  Maybe this is where I get my "white, clean, simple, organized" home design from. 











Darling, can we have a summer home in Sweden?  It's so enchanting!  Oh, okay, if not, then let's compromise.  Can I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE continue on my white streak?  White is so calming...

PS- Tack så mycket means "Thank You" in Swedish!   

1 comment:

  1. love this amelia! the white is so pretty! i would love for you to teach us more swedish =)

    Miyan

    ReplyDelete