Monday, August 15, 2011

Wall Decor: Thanks Etsy!

I'm so excited-- I just received my first Etsy.com purchase in the mail!  I ordered these 2 prints from Thebigharumph!



I want to collect several more prints and wall decor to cluster together on the wall above our settee.  I wanted to bring in more orange (to my mainly white and grey-blue house) and since the Hubby and I ride our bikes quite often, I thought he'd like this as much as I do! 

Also, one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE movies is The Princess Bride


If you've seen it, you know that Princess Buttercup (prior to her becoming a princess) ordered around a stable-boy from her childhood.  Through all the years of him working for her family and Buttercup bossing him around, all he ever said to her was "As you wish."  Years go by and the stableboy is killed.  That day, Buttercup was amazed to discover that when he was saying "As you wish", what he meant was, "I love you."  Heartbroken Buttercup continues her life realizing she'll never love anyone as much ever again.      

Along comes the nasty, evil Prince Humperdink who is forcing her to marry him.  She runs off and is caught by some traveling gypsys prior to the wedding.  While being carted around by these gypsys, the DREADED Pirate Roberts snatches Princess Buttercup.  She is able to free herself from him and pushes him down a huge cliff, and as he falls, he yells out "As....You....Wish....".  Yes, friends, Pirate Roberts is, in fact, the stable boy, who is alive!
Hottie, the Dreaded Pirate Roberts

If you haven't seen the movie, you MUST!  It's hilarious and full of 1 liners that you hear more often than you think.  Ever heard someone say:

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." 
or
"INCONCEIVABLE."  ????

Go to this fun website to get the downlow on The Princess Bride

My sweet husband, As you wish.

I'd love to hear what your favorite movies / movie quotes are!  Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment