Monday, August 1, 2011

What to Wear: Pool Party - Vegas Style

This weekend, my husband's best guy friends (since high school) are throwing a lavish pool party at one of their parent's homes in Houston.  The theme?  Vegas Party Gods.  We keep getting facebook updates about the party that are constantly making me laugh out loud.  With around 75 - 100 people expected to attend, informational messages are a must!  Here are some of the memos sent out by the event hosts:

"Pick out your favorite Vegas Costume: wigs, glue-on chest hair, gold chains, Gucci sunglasses"
"Also: Fedoras, tattoos, high heels (obviously), smooth bass line techno"

A lot of prep work has already gone into making this very "Vegas" like.  An email from one of the guys' moms (whose house it's at) was sent out a few weeks ago:

"Honey, I have ordered paper lanterns and have someone working on stands to hold them.  He is also working on an arch for picture taking.  I ordered some personalized items such as napkins."

Wait, the party gets even better.  There will be a DJ- DJ Boss Krab (if you'd like to hire him, contact me and I'll manage the process), bartenders / cabana boys, and an Elvis apperance.  This is supposed to be Vegas after all. 

My husband asked me to get his Vegas Party Gods outfit together for him, so I thought I'd put together an Idea Board of HOT, MUST HAVE items when attending a Vegas Pool Party.



Clockwise from Top:
Summer Fedora: to hide balding spots,
Tattoo on peck: I like the one pictured of a gun and "Hustler"--very Vegas,
Limited edition 18k Gold Plated Ray Ban Aviator Sunglasses: a MUST
Havianas: sporting some kind of team you "claim" to cheer for,
Ed Hardy Board Shorts : these are very Vegas with the deck of cards and say "Love is a Game".


Now that you've got the perfect outfit, double down and get your Bottle Service on.

No comments:

Post a Comment